Wed, Oct 03|
UP Institute for Small-Scale Industries
RIE - Confident Baby Workshop
An engaging workshop for parents and caregivers who live and work with babies and toddlers!
Time & Location
Oct 03, 2018, 9:00 AM – Oct 05, 2018, 5:00 PM
UP Institute for Small-Scale Industries, UP Institute for Small-Scale Industries, E. Jacinto Street, Diliman, Quezon City, 1101 Metro Manila, Philippines
About the event
Speaker: Deborah Carlisle Solomon
During this comprehensive workshop, you'll receive an overview of Magda Gerber's Educaring Approach to parenting and learn about RIE principles.
The Educaring Approach supports parents and babies to become more confident - and supports families to be more harmonious.
We will discuss the concepts that form the foundation of a mutually respectful parent-child (or caregiver-child) relationship:
- Basic trust in the child to be an initiator, an explorer, and a self-learner
- An environment for the child that is physically safe, cognitively challenging, and emotionally nurturing
- Time for uninterrupted play
- Freedom to explore and interact with other infants
- Involvement of the child in all caregiving activities to allow the child to become an active participant rather than a passive recipient
- Sensitive observation of the child in order to understand his or her needs
- Consistency and clearly defined limits and expectations to develop discipline
You'll learn a few simple yet effective tools that you can immediately implement to help make life with your child easier and more enjoyable.